Sr. Project Manager, Data Center Implementation
PPT Solutions is seeking a Washington DC area based consultant to support our Sterling, VA based client. The candidate must be an experienced IT Project/Program Manager who has proven project experience with multiple data center moves in large/global environments. The ideal candidate will have data center move strategic vision and ideas as well as implementation experience. The candidate will help build the roadmap, strategy, and manage the migration of a key data center in a short time frame.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the overall migration project for our client
- Experience moving systems from a client computer room environment to a data center environment.
- Experience migrating client systems to hosted or managed data center solutions.
- Responsible for the definition, management, and implementation of the data center migration
- Focus on infrastructure projects for data center consolidation
- Align technology solutions with business strategies
- Lead large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Direct cross-functional and/or cross-segment teams
- Solve unique and complex problems
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Identify and implement innovative migration methods to align with business priorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field (relevant work experience may be substituted)
- 5+ years of Project Management with an emphasis on Data Centers/Infrastructure with experience in leading complex data center migrations.
- Strong documentation skills
- Able to translate technical materials and issues to non-technical personnel
- Ability to interact with clients and effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders in a professional manner
- Broad based IT background preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required
We offer a highly competitive compensation structure that will allow you to be rewarded for the contributions you make. If you thrive in an environment that is collaborative, challenging, and will provide you the opportunity to expand your skills – come talk to us. We’d welcome the opportunity to get to know you and allow you to learn more about us. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment. The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.