Senior Director of IT Infrastructure
Houston, TX or Seattle, WA (20 - 25% travel)
JOB SUMMARYThe Senior Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for directing information technology services to achieve strategic objectives, including profitable growth. Candidate will be responsible for voice, data center, network architecture, risk assessment, storage, compute, database and application infrastructure both build and run, vendor management, and security policy. Candidate is responsible for participating in the creation of a holistic approach to the reduction of risk throughout the environment. The position requires both creative and analytical skills with a focus in communication, planning, attention to detail, and out-of-the-box thinking. Candidate should have the ability to work in a dynamic environment where flexibility, teamwork, hands-on approach to get things done and quality delivery of customer-focused solutions on short timelines are common.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solid experience-based knowledge and ability to apply the principles of application or infrastructure architectures, including contextual, conceptual, logical and physical layers.
- Evaluation of network topology, IT systems, appliances, and devices being proposed for use within the environment and their ability to meet business and security requirements, recommending mitigating controls for identified limitations and risks.
- Works with the Applications Development Leader to ensure that the information necessary to establish and maintain an efficient, cost-effective infrastructure is in place and that appropriate long term infrastructure architectures and strategies can be built, including storage management requirements.
- Ultimate ownership for the troubleshooting for any voice and data communication and mobility issues.
- Works closely with peers in Infrastructure and Operations to ensure common infrastructure is functioning and kept current such as that exists in our primary and backup data centers.
- Ensures the highest levels of systems availability is maintained including the optimization.
- Owns development/execution of overall cloud strategy, hosting technology roadmaps, vendor selections, and private/public cloud mix. Have experience in moving data centers towards a cloud based solution.
- Working closely with Network Infrastructure Support Vendors to ensure that all systems are fully functional, properly maintained and desired fail over systems are fully operational.
- Accountable for the Information security function and leverage leading security standards and practices for designing future state solutions by understanding the business goals and assessing current state solutions.
- Proposing desired architecture based on solid risk assessment and evaluation of available technology and controls.
- Creation and maintenance of enterprise security policies, controls, and standards.
- Completion and remediation of client security questionnaires regarding policies, procedures, and certifications for both internal and external systems.
- Develops and administers the department’s annual operating budget.
- Maintain renewals and acquisitions for company domain names, hosting, and certificates.
- Proven experience based ability to design and develop IT solutions based on defined requirements.
- Participates in technical incident management and troubleshooting as needed.
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with minimal supervision.
- Understands and can apply software engineering and application development methodologies in a complex multi-project environment.
- Subject matter expertise across applications, data, database, middleware, server computing, network (Intranet/Extranet/Internet), security, and client platform.
- All other job related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by the management team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- 8+ years of professional experience
- Skilled in IT systems relating to physical security, network administration, and privacy and regulatory compliance
- Direct experience with virtual infrastructures and network topology
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in security architecture creating key artifacts including architectural principles, requirements traceability, use cases, patterns, reference architectures, elaboration, and network security designs and drawings
- Demonstrated experience in developing contextual and conceptual, logical and physical architecture deliverables
- Ability to move current infrastructure into cloud solutions
- Ability to make recommendations and influence decisions based on risk reduction
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals within both the technical community and senior leadership
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills