Lead Power BI Architect/Developer
Virtual - (80-100% Travel) Preferred location: Southeast/Eastern US
SummaryPPT Solutions is a premier provider of Customer Experience and Business Optimization Solutions. We work hand-in-hand with our clients' senior executives of Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to transform their organization and their industries with our combination of strategy, technology, operations, and change management capabilities.
OverviewPPT Solutions is seeking a Lead Analytics Architect/Developer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, designing, developing, and documenting Analytic solutions for client projects.
- 5-7 years experience developing semantic models with industry leading Data Visualization tools (PowerBI, Qlik, Microstrategy, etc).
- At least 1 year of experience working in a Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Demonstrated expertise with the following:
- Architecting and developing high performance semantic and physical data models.
- Gathering business requirements and presenting technical solutions to business sponsors in a clear, concise manner.
- Working in small team structures to deliver on time and within budget.
- Strong Data profiling ability.
- Dimensional data modeling, Master Data Management(MDM) core concepts.
- Administration of Power BI.
- Ability to quickly and comfortably work with the Microsoft technology stack including strong experience with SQL Server, Microsoft Access, SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Data Factory.
- SQL Server Performance tuning
- Ability to easily with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of Data security frameworks including SSO, SAML2, Row/Column level security
- Ability to write moderately complex Powershell scripts
- Customer facing support role
- Proven analytical and problem solving techniques
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently and effectively within specific timeframes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- References will be required and requested for all design, migration and upgrade projects
- Develop data pipeline processes to integrate data into a Microsoft Azure Cloud environment.
- Develop Analytic content using the Microsoft Azure suite of tools (primarily Power BI)
- Provide support to application development staff, business systems users, System SME's, project managers and vendors as necessary to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Prioritizing requests; effective task planning; executing an established change control process and pro-actively communicating task status and progress
- Documenting troubleshooting best practices for use by less experienced support staff
- Mitigating risk by proactively identifying potential issues and suggesting alternate courses of action
- Participating in the definition of standards and identification of process improvement opportunities for the platforms supported
- Monitors the performance of analytic applications. Implements tuning changes as necessary.
- Performs research, presents technical studies/findings and make recommendations
- Consults with other team member resources to ensure the consistency of recommendations with enterprise direction. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most cost-effective design solutions
- Consults with IT staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on information architecture. Consults with clients to determine the information management requirements
- Provides training, knowledge transfer and professional development on new technologies and applications to staff